- Honing emotional intelligence skills can help individuals succeed over time.
- Developing emotional intelligence skills takes time, focus, and commitment.
- To improve your EQ, or emotional quotient, it may help to work on self-awareness, self-regulation, and finding your personal passion.
Consider the following to hone your skills in the important area of emotional intelligence:
- Be in the moment more often in order to strengthen your self-awareness.
- Step into “interested observer” mode throughout your day to improve your self-regulation.
- Move away from judgment and assumptions and self-ego, and put a focus on your team members and what’s happening in your culture in a more objective and analytical manner to improve your social awareness.
- Lastly, find your own personal passion. Don’t wait for someone else to inspire you or motivate you.
= = =